Collections & Educational
Loan Repayment Agreements
Note: If you are a current student with a past due balance, please visit your Student Center to make a payment.
Students No Longer Attending CSUF
CSUF students have access to their Titan Online portal for up to two years beyond their last term of enrollment. For information on making a payment online, please see the Payments page.
To avoid collection activity associated with a delinquent debt, CSUF strongly recommends that former students monitor their student account activity on a weekly basis for up to 6 months after separating from the university.
Before separating from CSUF it is expected that a student's account be paid in full. However, if full payment is not possible it is the policy of Student Business Services to create a monthly payment plan to assist the debtor.
The following pertains to delinquent account payment plans:
- The payment plan is not to exceed a twelve month period; the monthly payment and due date are determined by CSUF and are not negotiable.
- Until the debt has been paid in full the debtor will not have access to any CSUF services. Services include transcripts, diplomas from being issued, and future registration; per Title 5, California Code of Regulations, Sections 42380 and 42381.
- CSUF is required to annually report the debt to the Franchise Tax Board for state refund garnishment; per California Government Code Sections 12419.2, 12419.7, 12419.9, 12419.10, 12419.11, and 12419.12.
- Any skipped, missed, or partial payments automatically annuls the payment plan and the account will be immediately forwarded to an outside collection agency resulting in negative credit reporting to the one of the major credit bureaus.
- If the debtor successfully completes the payment plan the delinquent debt will not be reported to the three major credit bureaus.
- Unsigned Educational Loan Repayment Agreements will be sent to collections.
Establishing a payment plan with CSUF
Email Student Business Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (657) 278-2495 with the following information:
- First and Last Name
- Campus Wide ID#
- Current mailing address
- Current phone number
After the account has been reviewed for eligibility the Collection's Representative will contact the debtor via email with the required payment plan documentation.
- If the account has been submitted to an outside collection agency the debtor may not establish a payment plan with CSUF and must contact the appropriate collection agency.
- Account Control Technology (ACT) - (800) 830-7770
- ConServe – (800) 724-4439
- CSUF does not accept settlement offers on debts owed.
- CSUF does not negotiate the removal of accurately reported negative credit reporting.
- Appeals to apply for reversal of fees must be done within a year of the outstanding balance.
Although CSUF appreciates all repayment efforts collection processes will continue unless the debtor enters a formal monthly payment plan with CSUF.